Jill Buck is the Founder and Executive Director of the Go Green Initiative and is also the owner of Buck Consulting. Jill lives with her family in Pleasanton, California. Full Bio
By: Jill Buck
1. Instead of giving participants printed copies of handouts, brochures and power point slides, save them all on USB drives, and give those away.
2. If serving food and drinks, ask the venue to use dinnerware that can be washed and reused vs. disposable items.
3. Make sure that recycling bins are as readily accessible as garbage cans.
4. Make your event “goodie bag” a reusable grocery bag.
5. As the venue or caterer to use locally grown food for any meals that you serve, in order to avoid transporting foods long distances to your event.